Thursday, December 22, 2011

Winter Solstice - 冬节 - 동지

Blog, I'm Back!

Made 'Tang Yuan' in the morning and now it's almost done cooking!

this year we made 3 colors only, purple (using Sweet Potato), white and green (using Pandan)

my mom nagged me, saying that I wasted time placing them nicely and in the end it went straight to the pot for cooking too. haha.

I prefer the chilled dessert soup actually ^^


Today is Dong Jie (冬节/동지) and it is one of the most important traditional festival celebrated by Chinese and other East Asians as well. This 'Tang Yuan' (Glutinous Rice Balls) is a must for this festival! Normally it is cooked with sweet base syrup (but of course different culture has different ingredients and ways of making), with either plain rice balls or even with fillings. I love the chocolate filling ones the most! But we hardly make those with fillings, so frozen rice balls for the win! HAHA.

We will have family reunion dinner tonight and I heard that there's meteor shower too, around midnight or so? Hopefully we can get to witness it!

Happy Winter Solstice, 冬节快乐, 해피 동지 축제~ to all who's celebrating! ^_^

No comments:

How we sum up Christmas...

Christmas is definitely one of the happiest day of the year and of course, like every other year we will be celebrating at home because it ...